How do we process your personal data?
Acacia Training and Development Ltd (ATD) complies with its obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 1998 by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by protecting individual’s rights over personal data.
There is further detail of how we process your personal information in our Approved Uses of Personal Data document, which is available on request by emailing email@example.com
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
1. Learner Information:
- Initiate your training
- Review applications for apprenticeship programmes;
- Decide and discuss which training courses are appropriate for you and will best meet your needs;
- Schedule training courses and meetings with your assessor.
- Access and process funding
- Check your eligibility for government funding;
- Obtain funding from government if applicable;
- If funded by your employer, match your training to funding received.
- Provide Quality Training
- Track your attendance and progress throughout the course to ensure you are getting the maximum benefit;
- Accreditation of your learning – registering you with awarding organisations, enrolling you for assessments and issuing certificates;
- Provide access to course materials through online platforms;
- Keep your employer (if funded by them) up to date about your progress;
- Contact you during your course and after completion to talk about progression opportunities
- Auditing, improvement and safeguarding
- Your information may be accessed by government bodies and awarding organisations as part of their quality control and tracking;
- Ofsted (the government inspectors of Further Education and Schools) require us to follow up after you have completed your training to talk about positive outcomes you have experienced.
- We may ask for your opinion on the service we have provided so that we can improve our service for the future;
- If a safeguarding issue is raised during your training, your details may be passed to a local Safeguarding Board. This will be discussed with you should it arise.
2. Employer Information:
- To provide training services
Whether your employees are undertaking an apprenticeship, an accredited course, or one of our short courses, we will obtain contact details from you in order to discuss your training needs. We will remain in contact with you throughout the course to ensure it meets your needs. If we provide accredited training which expires after a limited time, we may contact you upon expiry to invite you to renew the accreditation. Your details will be stored in our CRM system, provided by BrightOffice Ltd, and will be accessed by our internal staff when required.
- Enable payments
If the training you require is not government funded, we will use your details in order to generate invoices. These details will be stored in our finance system, provided by Sage, and will be accessed by our finance staff.
- Contact you about relevant news and opportunities
We want to maintain our business relationship with your company so that we can continue to support your ongoing workforce development needs and advise of possible opportunities to access government funding and new products that have been created by our awarding organisations and our internal training team. We will store employer information in our Pipedrive and APTEM system and may use it to contact you in the future about training opportunities relevant to your business. Every time we contact you we will provide clear information about how to object to this use of your personal information, and will treat all received objections as absolute. We may obtain employer information from public resources to use for marketing purposes and will treat this information in the same way as described above. We process personal information for business-to-business marketing purposes for the legitimate interests of Acacia Training and Development and those businesses we are contacting. We will ensure our use of personal data for this purpose has minimal privacy impact on the individuals and the option to object to this processing is clearly presented.
There is further detail of how we process your personal information in our Approved Uses of Personal Data document which is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with the third parties necessary to provide you with the service you have requested. More information can be found in our Approved Uses of Personal Data document. We will never share your information with any third parties outside those covered in this document without first informing you and we will never store your information outside the UK.
4. How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal data for the amount of time necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. For the retention periods of specific types of personal information, please refer to our Data Retention Policy which can be provided to you upon request.
5. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this privacy notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this before we use your data for the new purpose. Where necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
6. Your rights in relation to your information
You can request to access the personal data we process about you at any time, and we will provide you a copy. You have the right to object to our processing of your information and to refuse information sharing with third parties at any time. We will fully explain the possible consequences to you, which could affect our ability to provide training services to you.
For more information about your rights relating to your personal data, please speak to your ATD contact who will put you in touch with our data protection team.
7. Contacting us about your information
You can contact us about how we use your personal information at any time emailing email@example.com.